10 small apples
125 g sugar
½ cup maple syrurp
1 tsp salt
125 g unsalted butter
1 vanilla beans
1 lime juice
1 pk puff pastry
1. Peel the apples and cut in half. Let it rest in water with lime juice. To do not oxidize
2. Add butter to a big frying pan (oven safe).
3. Melt butter and add sugar.
4. Add vanilla beans, maple, cinnamon, lemon zest, salt and squeeze half lime.
5. Add the apples. Arrange the apples with cut part on top. Remember the the pie will be upside down.
6. Cook until you have a golden caramel. around 30 min.
7. Turn off the heat and let it rest for 10 minutes.
8. Put the puff pastry on top of the pan.
10. Remove from oven and let it rest for a couple of minutes.
11. Quickly flip the pan upside down on a plate.
Best served warm with ice cream