This is a recipe I found at internet from Anna Nienhuis (hiddenponies.com) but I made some changes in order to fit our house needs.
There so many recipes over internet that does not work, I tested dozens of them to find ONE that does work and this recipe can make the most soft muffins you will ever taste it.
BUT here is the secret: IT HAS TO BE RIPE Bananas. Do not try if they re not ripe yet.
My kids loved and I gifted my friends Harriet and Ted who supposed to go on a 3 days drive to USA for their car’s snack.
- 1 egg
- 3 large ripe bananas, mashed
- ½ cup buttermelted
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup of raw honey
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 12 pecans cut in small pieces
- 2 squares of Godiva dark chocolate in small pieces
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup quick cooking oats
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Line a muffin pan with paper liners or spray with baking spray. Set aside.
- Whisk egg, mashed banana and melted butter in a large bowl until thoroughly blended.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, honey, baking powder, baking soda, salt , ground cloves and cinnamon. Add to banana mixture and stir just until moistened. Add The Pecans and the chocolate
- Spoon batter into paper-lined muffin pan (makes 10-12 muffins, depending how big your bananas were) .Fill muffin cups almost to the brim and see how far the batter goes. Combine all topping ingredients in a small bowl and sprinkle evenly over muffins.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes or until tops are browned and toothpick comes out clean.
- than transfer the muffins to a cooler rack.
- ENJOY! with whipped cream is even better!